Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Paper Piercing with Vellum Technique


Paper Piercing with Vellum Technique


Today @ Practical Scrappers we are featuring vellum and giving you some great new ideas for how to use it in your papercrafting projects.  My contribution to the post was a layout that  I did about my daughters in which I created a mat or frame for my picture using paper piercing on plain clear vellum.


 To create this look all I used were pins, a piece of foam and 2-4X6 sheets of vellum.
Decide on a design.  You can freehand as I did, or place a design under the vellum and "trace" with pins.
Stack the vellum on top of the foam and place a pin or two to hold it in place.  My designs are identical because I laid the vellum on top on one another.  Press the pins up and down into the vellum at a 90 degree angle until you are happy with the design.
  


It gives it a very subtle and elegant look.  Below I have highlighted some other sections of the layout.
I turned a vellum envelope into pocket to hold the card that I used for my journaling.


This banner was premade and I wanted to use it as a base for my title so I used permanent black ink and alpha stamps to create a custom banner 

I used this gorgeous lavender satin ribbon tied a pretty bow to "tie" the whole layout together.
Make sure and stop by Practical Scrappers and see what awesome ideas the other designers
came up with for using vellum in your papercrafting projects!
Practical Scrappers


Join our CraftPicks Community of Creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment