Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

My Black Pen: Make Journaling Your Focus


My Black Pen: Make Journaling Your Focus


Over at Practical Scrappers today we are talking about ways you can use your black pen on your layouts, to really make your layouts stand out.  I do not know where my layouts would be without my black pen!  I have said before how important I think that the journaling on a layout is as it tells the reader the story behind the photograph.  It preserves the history for future generations.  I used my black pen to make the journaling on my page the focus:


As you can see, about half of my layout is journaling.  I used the black pen to write all about my one of a kind sweet girl Brynna Mae and what makes her so unique.  I added a touch of color to some of the letter as well.


I added some rub on words and bling to the photo.



I accented the photo with some unique accents including a fun, pink, feather!



It does not have to take a lot of time and product to make your pages one-of-a-kind!  Sometimes, cardstock and a simple black pen can do the trick!  Head over the Practical scrappers and see what the other designers came up with for ways to use your black pen on a layout!


Code for DT button


No comments:

Post a Comment