Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Just a Girl? Such a Girl! Child's Play Layout


Just a Girl? Such a Girl! Child's Play Layout



The inspiration for this layout is a good old fashioned Snoopy SnoCone maker!  I had one of these as a kid and loved to play with it in the super hot summer months!

Snoopy Sno Cone Machine
My layout was inspired by the colors of this great little toy.  The page is about what a girly Girl my Ella Grace is!  She would wear a dress EVERY single day if I let her!  She starts school soon, I am sure we will be battling it out many a morning!
My journaling is on kraft paper because I felt it coordinated best with the other elements on the page.  When I do journaling on each page, I try to tell about more than just the picture, but about "who" the person in the picture is when the photo was taken.  I want to be able to look back and know "who" she was at that moment in time.

The whole title for this page is: Just a Girl? Such a Girl! Some of it got lost under the flower petal in the scan!  Each of the flowers are layered variations of red flowers, stacked and joined to the page with different brads.  Some vellum, some paper, and even one fabric flower were used. I added some paint around the photo mats and the journaling spot to add some interest.  My ribbon and rick rack accents completed the page.  I am very happy with how it came together.

This layout is being submitted to

Help Spread the Word...



Wish me luck!

4 comments: