Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rainbow Toadstool Bracelet


Rainbow Toadstool Bracelet


Continuing with our toadstool theme for the week, I wanted to create a fun piece of jewelry from these darling little toadstools!  Here is what I came up with.



I used Sculpey oven bake clay, some jewelry findings, pliers, and 6 glass beads.


First, remove the clay from it's package and knead it until it is smooth and pliable.  Break off a piece and roll it into a sphere.  Flatten it on the bottom by pressing it into the counter or tray you are working on.  I used a clay tool to press a hole into the center bottom for the stem to go.



Add tiny white balls of clay where you want your dots to be.  I used the back of my fingernail to flatten them and smooth them out.



I used white clay to create a stem that fit into the hole created by the tool.  I used a straight jewelry pin with one loop to create the hole down the center on the toadstool.



 I kept the pins in place while I baked the clay.  275 degrees for 30 minutes was perfect.



They came out looking adorable and ready to "string"



I threaded a bead on their own pin ands laid the bracelet out how I wanted it to look.  I trimmed the wires to the correct lengths.  I used the pliers to create loops on the ends that did not have them and alternated joining the bead wires with the toadstools wires.



I wore this bracelet for the remainder of the day and I am not kidding when I tell you I had people fighting over buying it!!  Super cute and Fun!!



Have fun with it! Share what you did to make it yours!


Join our growing Community of Creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment