Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day Two: Baby Bird Dresser

Day Two of Baby Bird Nursery Theme Week: Baby Bird Dresser



This dresser was a polished wood finish before I decided to incorporate it in the baby bird nursery theme.  I sanded the dresser down to remove all of the previous finish.  I used high gloss furniture paint with a single coat of primer.  I took the drawers out and primed and painted them one at a time being careful to get in all the nooks and crannies!  During the drying time between coats (it took two coats of paint over the primer),  I painted the knobs.  I started with plain, UNFINISHED wooden knobs like those below.




I primed them and painted them white with the same paint I used for the dresser.  Again, two coats over the primer.  I used craft paint for the birds.


The birds were done free hand one step at a time, letting each dry before painting the next step.  I did not want the colors to run and smear.




You could apply a sealer to the knobs but the paint set very well and I did not feel it was necessary.



  This dresser was an adorable addition to the baby's nursery!


If you would like me to create some custom drawer knobs for you, send me a message on the Custom Craft Picks page!


Check out the first day of our Baby Bird Nursery Theme!



Subscribe or comment to my blog to be entered to win a miniature bird house at the end of our week long Baby Bird Nursery Theme!  Winner will be drawn 6/15/2012.  Good Luck!


4 comments: