Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Community of Creativity

My dream is to develop a Community of Creativity...



I want to help foster a love a creativity and desire to put our whole hearts into the things we create.  I want crafters to have a place to come, to find other crafters and discover the things you have in common, and learn about the differences you have.  Use those differences to learn new things, new ideas, new techniques, new crafts and new creations.  I want this community of creativity to be a safe place where people can come to learn, and teach, and discover.  I have a long way to go...



I am learning a TON of new things about technology and all of the internet communities out there.  It is amazing how easy it is to connect to loads of people who have the same or similar, or very different interests as you.  It is also astounding how easy it is to learn something new in this crazy internet world!! I created a butterflies "webpage" 15 years ago in college, with step by step instructions illustrated by my professor, and him holding my hand every step of the way.  Even if I remembered any of that, it is obsolete! It amazes me how much there is to learn.  I feel like I am learning a new language.  All of the words seem familiar but they have these crazy new meanings and I am having serious trouble trying to figure out how they all go together!  Categories, tags, templates, feedback, plugins, pages, media, tools...the list goes on and I begin to fell overwhelmed!  I have a vision and a desperate desire to see it come to life.



I have tried a few other times to design a webpage and gotten frustrated or given up long before I had anything that resembled a webpage.   I have wanted for so long to be a stay at home mom and raise my children.  I want nothing more than to be there for their special events and school functions. I want to have the time to volunteer at their schools.  Just as important to me is to use my creativity and craftiness to reach others.  My biggest hurdle is me...I have difficulty being confident in my actions and believing in myself.  To steal the words of another, "I am my own worst enemy."



Somewhere down the road, I would like for this to become a community of creativity.  A community where we can all share ideas and be inspired by one another.  Where people of different backgrounds can come together and teach one another about their talents.   Right now, my dream is in it's baby stage.  I guess it is already a "Community of Creativity"...I just happen to be the only resident :) I will nurture it and care for it and hope you will join me and help guide me.  It will slowly grow and I can only hope that at some point down the road I will see my dream a reality.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment