Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage Print Tray Heirloom


Here is my feature over at Practical Scrappers today!

About a year ago, I was lucky enough to stumble across an old print tray at a yard sale.  I had a vision for my creation and started to collect little items to fill those tiny little shelves. After much time collecting and finding the perfect pieces for my project, I finally felt ready to CREATE!  I wanted to create a tribute to my family that could be passed along and added to and changed as we grew and changed.  I chose paper, ribbon, fabric, flowers and little items that really spoke to me about our family.  I considered using paint, but decided that was a little too permanent for my vision.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 You may notice the repetition of the numbers 2, 4 and 6.  My husband and I are the  2.  Our girls are the 4 and the 6 is all of us together.


 There are 6 keys displayed, one for each member of our family.


 There is metal and burlap.


 

 

 A heart for each family member, and a jar full of love too!


 

 

 

 

 The name of each member of our family is also displayed.


 

 

The clocks represent each of our birthdays.

There are a few empty spots to add things later and things can be added and changed as our family changes.


 I love having an artistic representation of what our family means.  Why not find a way to create an heirloom for your family to cherish for generations to come!

2 comments: