Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A layout for No Reason!

Woo Hoo! This weekend I actually created 2 layouts for no reason! I have been so busy with minimal time for scrappin'.  It is always the first thing to go off the to do list when there are other things to do! This has been extra hard because I was able to shop the Archiver's Going out of Business sale :(  and had TONS of new goodies to work (PLAY) with!  
I started with the base paper placed a piece of peach chevron behind the word love.  Once I did this it was like a light went off and I HAD to use navy for the focal color.   
I went with this navy and white polka dot paper.  If you have been following me for a while, you know I do not often place pictures on my layouts crooked.  I placed this photo straight and at some point bumped it and caused the picture to slant.  I was amazed at the difference it made and that I LOVED IT!  
Added some cute flowers around the layout and some chippies. 
This is my favorite type of bow to include on a layout and they are so simple.  I learned it when I first got my Silhouette and cut a paper bow.  It is just 3 pieces of burlap and lace ribbon instead of paper and I use glue dots to hold it together.  (Maybe a simple bow making tutorial to be coming soon!) 
Some final little details to bring it all together!
p.s. Make time to create a layout for no reason!    

No comments:

Post a Comment