Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pencil Shavings!

Today is Frugal Finds day on Practical Scrappers.  Our frugal find is pencils!  I signed up because I like a challenge but sat down to create a layout using pencils and was at a complete loss!  I held the pencil in my hand and looked at it and thought about it.  I was trying to find a way to make it flatter than it is when it hit me!  I do not have to use the whole pencil, how about just the shavings?!?!  And that is how these adorable apple slices came to be!
 The slices are just a single pencil shaving from a red pencil.  So needed to be pieced together as they are very fragile.  It was also a challenge getting them to stay put without breaking, but some glue dots did the trick!  
 I simply used a black marker to draw the seeds after they were mounted on the layout!  
p.s.Give it a try!  Sometimes the unconventional uses for items create the best results!  Swing by Practical Scrappers to see what other great ideas the ladies came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment