Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Time to Go Out of My Comfort Zone!

Hi! If you are a regular reader, you will have noticed that I have been participating in a lot of new challenge sites and I think this trend is going to continue!

There are so many challenges out there from color challenges, sketches, page recipes...Keeps it exiting! I find that these challenges really encourage me to get more pages done and they help foster ideas that I may not have come up with on my own!  Even more than getting more layouts done, they encourage me to go out of my comfort zone and try some great new techniques and ideas and products!  Today's layout uses the #15 Sketch from My Scraps and More Sketches as inspiration and the Paper Girl's Challenge is Twine so there are lots of little Twine goodies on this page!  I surprised myself with the final product on this layout because it is not really my "style" but I LOVE IT!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Washi Tape is my new Best Friend!!



OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hand sewed the buttons on, then wrapped the twine around them!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love the Chevron pattern on the journaling block.  I followed the lines with my writing.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I secured the twine along the top banner by tying it around a straight pin and inserting it into the paper.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


And a little twine bow!

Hope this inspires you to get a page done!

Come join the fun at the Paper Girls Challenge

 and


You might be amazed at how inspiring it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment